Robinson R44 Trial Lesson
The Robinson R44 is an excellent helicopter to fly a trial lesson in. The modern roomy cockpit provides an ideal learning environment and the helicopter’s ample power and predictable handling characteristics make it a pleasure to fly. Being a 4 seat helicopter it is also possible for 2 other interested individuals to accompany the student on the flight*.
A trial lesson will involve a ground briefing (often in the cockpit) followed by the flight itself. The primary topics covered within a trial lesson will include;
- The fundamentals of how the helicopter works
- The individual flight controls, their purpose and operation
- A basic understanding of the flight instruments.
After take-off the student will have the opportunity to;
- Manipulate each control in flight and
- See how the helicopter responds visually or via the cockpit instruments
- Follow the instructor through on some of more complex manoeuvres
- Have a go at hovering (on flights of 30 minutes or more)
- Experience radio communication with air traffic control.
Note: If the student, or those accompanying them, are above 20st (127kg) in weight then please contact us.
*Mass and balance restrictions apply.