NOTE: The price below is for our Robinson R44 which has limited stowage. Experience shows that it is fine for 2 passengers with one large rucksack and two smaller bags who are glamping. Quotes can be provided for larger machines. Please enquire via the form on this page.
Glastonbury is widely regarded as the world's premiere music festival. With sellout crowds every year getting to and from the festival site has become an epic journey by road or rail, often taking many hours.
Glastonbury Heliport provides the time poor or those who wish to avoid the "road woes" a fast route in and out of the event. Transfer times from Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport are around 1 hour with some stunning scenery en-route. On arrival land transport will take you via closed roads to the main event site.
Helicopter movements in and out of Glastonbury heliport are controlled using a slot system. These are allocated by the heliport operators on a first come first served basis. If you have specific times you wish to fly in / out then early booking is advisable.
If your party size is greater than 2 we can provide quotations for larger helicopters. For further information and helicopter availabilty please contact HeliFly on 01273 257070 or use the Enquiry Form on this page.
Helicopter Charters - Things to Note
To fully understand our helicopter charter offering we encourage you to read the details below.
- The price above is the charter cost for our Robinson R44 helicopter and includes VAT. The price is for up to 3 passengers flying (subject to weight) and does not include entry to the event. The cost does not reduce should there be less than 3 passengers as it is based on the operating cost of the helicopter not the seats occupied.
- Passenger Health
- There are no special health requirements to fly in a helicopter. If your doctor would say you are fit enough to fly on a regular commercial airliner then you're fine to fly with us.
- Please inform us of any passenger disabilities so can ensure they are taken into account when planning the charter. Please note that we are unable to carry wheel chairs in the R44 helicopter.
- Weight Restrictions
- The Robinson R44 has a maximum passenger weight of 22st. The helicopter can carry a combined passenger / baggage load of around 42st. If your party and their baggage will be close to or over 42st then it is advisable to contact us with the weights to ensure we can accommodate them.
- Our helicopter charters are subject to the weather conditions. Low cloud, poor visibility or high winds can cause flights to be postponed or cancelled. Should there be doubts over the weather we will contact you as far in advance as possible to allow alternate transport plans to be put in place.
- The Robinson R44 does not have a seperate luggage hold, just under seat stowage (max 50lbs). If you are planning to carry baggage it is worth confirming that it can be accommodated in the aircraft before you make a booking.
- Should your helicopter charter be cancelled you will receive a refund. This would normally be the full amount, but might be subject to some deductions if non-refundable deposits have been paid to other parties to arrange the charter or if legs of the charter have been previously flown.
- Charter Operator
- Our helicopter charters are operated on Air Operators Certificate GB2055