Since its inception the Goodwood Festival of Speed has grown in popularity year on year and is now probably the UK's premiere motoring festival.
Located in the grounds of picturesque Goodwood House, the Festival of Speed is centred around the famous hill climb track. However, the event also features a rally section, static displays, air displays, shopping and much much more.
The Festival of Speed's undoubted success has seen visitor number expand and, along with that, journey times rise - often significantly. But you can avoid sitting in traffic queues for hours and fly in and out of the event by helicopter from Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport with a transfer time of 15-20 minutes each way!
After stunning views of the Sussex countrysite your helicopter will set down at Goodwood Aerodrome where a fleet of high specification vehicles await to transport you via closed roads the short distance to the Festival of Speed site.
Landing slots are allocated on a first come, first served basis so booking early will give you a greater choice of times.
If your party size is more than 3 we can provide quotations for larger helicopters. For further information and helicopter charter availabilty for The Goodwood Festival of Speed please contact HeliFly on 01273 257070 or use the Enquiry Form on this page.
Helicopter Charters - Things to Note
To fully understand our helicopter charter offering we encourage you to read the details below.
- The price above is the charter cost for our Robinson R44 helicopter and includes VAT. The price is for up to 3 passengers flying (subject to weight) and does not include entry to the event. The cost does not reduce should there be less than 3 passengers as it is based on the operating cost of the helicopter not the seats occupied.
- Passenger Health
- There are no special health requirements to fly in a helicopter. If your doctor would say you are fit enough to fly on a regular commercial airliner then you're fine to fly with us.
- Please inform us of any passenger disabilities so can ensure they are taken into account when planning the charter. Please note that we are unable to carry wheel chairs in the R44 helicopter.
- Weight Restrictions
- The Robinson R44 has a maximum passenger weight of 22st. The helicopter can carry a combined passenger / baggage load of around 42st. If your party and their baggage will be close to or over 42st then it is advisable to contact us with the weights to ensure we can accommodate them.
- Our helicopter charters are subject to the weather conditions. Low cloud, poor visibility or high winds can cause flights to be postponed or cancelled. Should there be doubts over the weather we will contact you as far in advance as possible to allow alternate transport plans to be put in place.
- The Robinson R44 does not have a seperate luggage hold, just under seat stowage (max 50lbs). If you are planning to carry baggage it is worth confirming that it can be accommodated in the aircraft before you make a booking.
- Should your helicopter charter be cancelled you will receive a refund. This would normally be the full amount, but might be subject to some deductions if non-refundable deposits have been paid to other parties to arrange the charter or if legs of the charter have been previously flown.
- Charter Operator
- Our helicopter charters are operated on Air Operators Certificate GB2055