Last Updated: 26th May 2021
Resuming Helicopter Pleasure Flights
We are pleased to say that our helicopter tours, trial lessons, charters and hotel lunches/afternoon teas are now fully operational.
Our hotel parters are experiencing high levels of demand following lockdown. Please DO NOT USE the buy now buttons if you have not had confirmation that we can meet your requirements or a full refund may not be possible.
Our sightseeing tours are fully operational and operating 7 days a week (subject to pilot / machine availability).
Helicopter Experience Flights
These will recommence late June once all restrictions have been removed. Dates for our 2021 Experience Flights can be found here.
Should you wish to fly in a "known" group you can upgrade your experience flight to a private tour as shown below.
Upgrading your Experience Flight
If you decide that you would rather fly in a known group you can upgrade to one of our tours by paying the difference. For example, if you have 2 x 20min Experience Flight vouchers you can upgrade to the 20 min private tour and bring a 3rd person for an additional £80. Please contact us on 01273 257070 for further details.
Helicopter Trial Lessons
These will recommence early to mid May. The school has a number of students and qualified pilots needing requalification flights etc and these will take a while to clear before Trial Lessons can be fitted in.
Lunch & Afternoon Tea Flights
Lunch and afternoon tea flights are available, but our hotel partners are extreemly busy. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BUY NOW BUTTON UNLESS WE HAVE TOLD YOU WE CAN MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
COVID-19 Things to Note
- Should you or any member of your party be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been with those who have, then you should reschedule your flight and follow Government guidelines.
- Our flights are classed as public transport and this, at the time of writing, means you are legally required to wear a facemask comprising of at least 3 layers. You should bring your own mask that complies with the requirements and that you are comfortable wearing. We are able to supply (at a cost) basic masks if required.
- Social distancing is not achievable on the helicopter. If you are from a vulnerable group of have concerns we would suggest delaying your flight till you are happier with the risk or have had the vaccine.
- To minimise interaction between staff working at the hangar and flying groups we will endeavour to keep you socially distanced. This may mean waiting in your car till we are ready to fly and utilising outdoor spaces where possible.
- Spectators will be asked to view from the perimeter fence (only metres away from the helipads) rather than coming into the hangar, once again to minimise unnecessary interactions.
- Helicopters will be cleaned with Bacoban as part of their pre-flight inspection. This disinfectant lasts for up to 10 days, but frequent touch points will be wiped down between flights. More info on Bacoban.
- Pilots and ground staff will have completed temperature checks and wellness questionnaires when starting duty.
- Whilst, in the past, we would have enjoyed letting you have pictures shaking the pilot's hand etc, we feel sure you will understand that this is not currently possible. However, we will do everything we can to make your visit as special as possible within the confines of this new normal.
- If you have any questions please ensure you talk to us before making a booking online as you may incur a booking fee should you then need to cancel.